Location, Parking, and Accessibility
Get details about finding the library on KU's Lawrence campus.
You need a current user account in our online system, Aeon, to access collections on-site at Spencer.
Find information about, and digitized surrogates of, materials in a variety of places.
August 21-January 15
Building and Exhibits
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Reading Room (In-Person Research)
Monday-Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 12:30pm
Requests for collection materials are accepted until 30 minutes before the Reading Room closes.
- Sat., Sep. 2: Closed, Labor Day Holiday
- Mon., Sep. 4: Closed, Labor Day Holiday
- Sat., Oct. 14: Closed, Fall Break
- Wed., Nov. 22-Sat., Nov. 25: Closed, Thanksgiving Holiday
- Sat., Dec. 16: Closed, Winter Break
- Sat., Dec. 23-Mon., Jan. 1: Closed, Christmas Holiday
- Sat., Jan. 6: Closed, Winter Break
- Sat., Jan. 13: Closed, Winter Break
- Mon., Jan. 15: Closed, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
New at Spencer Research Library
Travel Awards: Now Open
Receive funding to travel to Spencer and use the collections for your research. Applications are due by January 2, 2024.
Learn about the Reuter Organ Company, which has operated in Lawrence for over a century. Open in the North Gallery through January 5, 2024.
Fall 2023 Exhibit
Explore First Folio precursors and successors plus Spencer's Second Folio of 1632 and partial First Folio. Open in the Exhibit Space through January 19, 2024.
Spencer Snapshot, July 2022-June 2023
in-person researchers in the Reading Room
of in-person researchers who are KU undergraduate and graduate students
tours and events for campus, community, national, and international groups