Classroom Request Form
KU instructors interested in using one of the three seminar rooms at Kenneth Spencer Resarch Library for a semester-long class need to complete and submit this form. Please note that:
- Reservations are handled on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is recommended that you submit your request as early as possible.
- Maximum capacities of the classrooms are 10 (Room 327), 15 (Room 326), and 30 (Johnson Room).
- All classrooms have projection screens and a computer with a DVD player and Internet connection, but only the Johnson Room has a VCR player. Spencer staff members are not able to provide technical support for the equipment, but we will work with IT to resolve problems.
- A Spencer staff member will greet the class at its initial meeting to welcome the group, provide information about the library’s rules, and answer questions. Please let us know if you would also like us to provide more thorough information about Spencer (i.e. background, collections, and services) and/or a tour of the library's public spaces (Reading Room, Exhibit Space, and North Gallery) at the first class meeting or at a later time in the semester.
- Students attending class at Spencer Research Library are expected to follow - and instructors are expected to enforce - the guidelines for visiting classes.
- A Spencer staff member will follow up with the requestor after receiving this completed form, granting or denying permission. Do not consider a room reserved until you have received verification.
For additional information about Spencer's seminar rooms and classroom policies, please contact Caitlin Donnelly, Head of Public Services, at 785-864-4456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.